Friday, 21 August 2015

Grindelwald :-)) Schynige Platte :-((

After almost 9 (!) years I finally made it back to Grindelwald. The panorama still is absolutely breathtaking, as well as the flying!


the newly built 'panorama bridge' at the First restaurant
looking down to the retaurant and launch (at 11:30 'position')
looking towards 'Fiescherhörner', lower Grindelwald glacier (what's left of it...)
Pano above launch: Wetterhorn (left), Schreckhorn/ Finsteraarhorn, Fiescherhörner, Eiger far right
looking back to launch and LZs: Wetterhorn, Mättenberg
Short of 2 hours flight I decided to land, because I wanted to make an evening flight off 'Schynige Platte'. I caught the 1548 train from Grindelwald back to Wilderswil (STA 1611) and the (last) train to Schynige Platte had a departure time of 1645 - giving me 34minutes to spare. Unfortunately short of 'Zweilütschinen' our train had a technical problem and was stuck for almost 40 minutes. So when we entered Wilderswil station I was just able to catch a glimpse of 'my' departing train :-((
By then it was too late for an alternative plan (Axalp, Stanserhorn, Emmetten).

No comments: