Monday, 17 October 2016

Flims, Arosa

Last weekend in Flims we had a reunion of our grade school class in Arosa (class of '56). As the forecast promised a beautiful Sunday, I loaded also my pg stuff . After having brunch at 'Foppa' I took the chairlift to 'Naraus' for a autumn-sledder.

'Naraus' (chairlift): left  side; launch: center/ right
'Naraus' (left side) - 'Flimserstein'

I didn't want to go up for another short sledder here in Flims, so I headed towards Chur, where I hoped to catch the train to Arosa for a flight from Weisshorn back to Chur. I made the train with about 1 minute to spare...

Pano on Weisshorn looking South to Southwest): Piz Kesch, Bernina etc
I had an exceptionally well reverse launch (at least for me). The 6000ft vert sledder took just a little more than half an hour (with some small thermals at Maladers).

Triple Seven - Rook2
Weisshorn (launch): to the right of my head
Chur: old city center
Chur; train station
Chur: construction works at the 'Kantonsspital'

No comments: