Tuesday, 4 October 2016

SFra -9: Bad timing (Laragne - le Chabre)

Although we originally had planned to leave around 1100, it wasn't until 1200 before we left Vilhosc.
We went to 'Laragne-le Chabre', a pretty well known site not too far away.



Arriving on launch, the wind direction and strenght was perfect: straight out of the south...


Pano looking: North-East
Massiv des Ecrins
Martin ready to launch 

I didn't loose too much time setting up, just taking some pix and waiting for Martin to launch. But this has been already too much: Martin launched in the very last usable cycle. He headed west and found some thermals exactly where he had said before that they would probably be. He could fly for about 3/4 hr and climb to about 2000m.
After his departure the winds died completely and later even turned west/ north, making launching impossible for me...


Northwind :-((

Driving back we checked the actual conditions for different sites (St.Geniez, Oraison etc), but nothing looked promising enough to make the drive there worthwhile. So I loaded up my stuff and drove to Gréolières, where I'll stay the next 2 nights, hoping to fly...

No comments: