Friday, 8 December 2017

AGP -10: Algodonales

Last flying day here in Andalusia - tomorrow I'll have to head back to 'winter'.
And a strange day it was: forcasted was wind out of the North. But when driving upand passing the north launch, there was almost no (north) wind.

North launch
So we continued all the way to the 'levante'-launch: tailwind here :-((  Therefore back to the north launch: for a while weak winds from the proper direction, but nothing really worth launching in. While waiting for the conditions to improve, we saw pilots launch from Levante's south launch, so I hitched a ride back up again ;-) 


Levante: south launch
The wind came in quite niclely from the south so I rather quickly prepared myself and took off; not strong enough for a reverse launch, but good for an easy forward launch.

Pilots gettimg ready on the south launch (at Levante)
It was possible to get about 400m above launch; starting around 200m above launch, a light northerly wind (about 10kmh) could be noticed, But it remained calm with no (lee-) turbulence.

North launch
levante -south
So after yesterday's 'no flight' I could end this trip with a nice and relaxed flight :-))


No comments: