Monday, 4 December 2017

AGP -6: Loja

Fianlly a day where everything worked out well: sunny skies, 'good' wind, mellow thermals and nice company! All, that we have been looking/ hoping for the whole last week. Well, no complaints about the company though ;-)

When we arrived on Loja's east launch, the wind was still rather strong, but the forcast said it should get weaker duing the day. After waiting a while a local tandempilot and his passengers showed up. I had met Rafa already a few years ago, while flying Lojy-Poniente (the west side). He could  even remember that at that time he had recommeded I'd go to Rio Frio and have trout (the local speciality) for dinner...

Rafa and his pax
Finally the wind had died down enough also for me and I could launch.



the city of 'Loja'
Andy and the Sierra Nevada
looking back to launch
nice, large LZ
After about  45mins of flight the wind started turning south and I also got cold hands, so I landed.
Rafa had offered to drive Andy back to launch, so that he could retrive our car - many thank!!
Later we had 'lunch' together in Loja. As this was Andy's last flyiing day, I dropped him off in Torremolinos, from where he'll be going to the airport tomorrw. I continued to Algodonales, where I'll stay until next Saturday; Rafa had told me, that the fcst is not looking too bad ;-)

No comments: