![]() |
| ...the plan... |
For quite a while already I wanted to go back to Japan for one more PG holiday. On my previous trips ( in '04, '05, '07) I had visited only sites on the main island (Honshu). This time I want to fly mostly Kyushu. Kyushu has more sites than I could possibly fly, but is also very well worth visiting for his landscape. So even if the weather shouldn't play along, there will be no shortage of alternatives (ie Onsen).
The time on Honshu will be mostly used to meet friends and possibly fly with them.
The problem: apparently only few pilots on Kyushu speak English. So in order to use my time most efficiently I need to have some assistance, which helps me communicate and possibly also drives.
For about 2 months I've been looking for somebody, bothering all my friends in Japan again and again with my requests ;-) But nobody could be found or had time. Just as I was about to give up and postpone my trip some 'doors opened' :-))
First I got in contact with Rick Brezina. He is a Canadian living on Kyushu and regularily uploading flights to XContest; he had also participated in 2017's XAlps. Without his invaluable knowledge and assistance this trip would be impossible. Unfortunately due to his work he's unable to come along, but he's supporting me by providing infos and contacts. Then with the help of a Swiss friend and his wife (both live in Tokyo) miraculously also a 'guide' could be found. She (Yuko) is living in Kumamoto, the place I had anyway chosen as 'base' for my stay while being on Kyushu. She'll handle the communication and will drive me. She is also providing great help in organizing my stay (like selecting accomodation, airport pick-up etc).
Already now a big ARIGATO GOZAIMASU to all of them!!!

No comments:
Post a Comment