Wednesday, 16 January 2019

SPC - La Palma: Campanarios :-))

On Monday (last day with Kalima) my friends Gaby and Hartmut arrived from Düsseldorf.
On Tuesday we have been able to make two nice flights from Campanarios. Quite a lot of pilots are presently on the Island, so it takes some patience until you can launch.
Also the quality of some launches makes you wonder...


Main LZ in Puerto Naos
On my first flight I headed south until short of Las Indias. I didn't dare to venture further, as with the northerly wind component I feared I might not make it back to Puerto Naos. But it turned out that the way back was far easier than I had anticipated...

our finca (right): 'Cuevas de las Palomas'


Hartmut had brought my a new gadget I had ordered last year: an 'Alfapilot' flight instrument I had recently discovered. Its e-ink display is very easily readable in even the brightest sunlight, the software looks rather promising and its maps are very detailed... It can also be used as a normal (Android) tablet with WiFi etc.



So far I'm still experimenting, but the first impressions are very good.

For the second flight we could hang on until sunset. For a moment I hoped to be able to fly to Tazacorte and land there, but again the northerly wind component didn't allow for it.

But two very nice flight any way :-))



Also Today (Wednesday) we could make a good flight off Campanarios. This time I could fly further south, but shortly before 'Fuencaliente' the NE-wind could be felt coming over the ridge, so I turned around. But very easy flying with nice thermals :-))

No comments: