Sunday, 20 January 2019

SPC - La Palma: Campanarios; dinner for five ;-)

After two non-flyable days due to too much wind I had my last flight for this trip yesterday. After a side trip to Puerto Tazacorte for an icream from 'Frida' (probably the best gelateria on the island) and el Time, where we had a look at the launch, we flew again from Campanarios. Cloud base was rather low (just above launch and even a bit descending with time), but nice thermals almost everywhere permitted an easy flight to las Indias and back...

Campanarios
looking North towards Puerto Naos
Flytec 6030 and Alfapilot RS

I was using again the Alfapilot flight instrument. So far I'm still pretty happy with it. The support from the company is exeptional: mails are answred within hours and in detail! But for sound I'm still using my XCTracer, which I consider to be the most responsive vario available at the moment...



'Dinner for Five' in Puerto Naos: excellent fish! - thanks Hart!

Sunset from our Finca in Sao Naicolao
Today (Sunday) return flight to ZRH and the cold...

No comments: