Saturday, 2 March 2019

Japan

JHF membership

Meanwhile planning is continously progressing. Just today I received a copy of my JHF-membership card -the original has been mailed to Yuko's address in Kumamoto.

Some things are done in a rather 'funny' way (to put it nicely) in Japan. JHF sent me -by snailmail- the application form to Switzerland. But everything was 'Japanese only, without any explanations... 



I don't know how they expect a foreigner to fill out this form. Luckily Rick did all the paperwork for me (and also paid my dues).

A small problem crept up: the last part of my trip coincides with the so-called 'Golden Week' in Japan. This is a period, where almost everybody takes some days off and travels. This year it is even more special, as during this 'week' the Japanese Emperor will resign. Therefore it has been necessary to make all accomodation reservation well in advance. I hope that travelling by train will not be too much of a hassle... On the other hand it means also, that certainly all flight schools will be operating. (Because many normally are open only weekends, as everybody is busy working ...)

No comments: