Saturday, 15 June 2019

Hauser Kaibling, Bischling

In the morning I drove from Werfenweng to Schladming and Haus in the Ennstal.
I wanted to meet Ralf from Airsthetik and talk with him about a possible trip to IQQ (Iquique) in Nov/ Dec. As he was not available until noon, I stopped at Haus and made a short flight from 'Hauser Kaibling'.


Launch is reached by a pretty 'old' gondola and is only about 5' walk from the station...

looking East towards 'Stoderzinken'
Haus; LZ is on the rh side of the long, rectangular field; parking and gondola in the valley leading to the lower rh corner of the pix
Afterwards I met Ralf at his office/ shop in Schladming and we discussed the trip to IQQ. I quickly made up my mind and submitted my booking request in the evening :-))

The best option for a second flight was (again) Bischling...


Today several XAlps teams wre flying here, so also SUI-1 (Chrigle Maurer).


Compared to yesterday, I found it much harder to get high,


I don't know any details, as the 'rescue' was almost completed when I landed: for a (German?) pilot the huge LZ apparently has not been large enough... But the local fire brigade got him down safely. Nothing but a bruised Ego ;-)

No comments: