Saturday, 15 June 2019

(Wildkogel)


Last day of my PG trip through SI, IT, AT. I stayed the night in 'Neukirchen am Wildkogel' in the Pinzgau valley. I wanted to fly from Wildkogel. Even knowing that the wind wastill quite strong, I took the gondola, as per fcst, the wind should be much lower by noon...
When I bought my ticket, I was told windspeed on top was 21kmh (compared to 45kmh a few hours earlier). But this seems to have been just a temporary lull.



After having waited for about an hour and talking to the man at the gondola station (according to him, windspeed should increase again), I decided to call it a day. I rode back down and drove home via Gerlospass - Insbruck - Arlbergpass. Apart a major traffic jam around Insbruck (I lost over 30 minutes) it was easy going: not too much traffic and just a few lorries.

No comments: