Saturday, 30 November 2019

IQQ - San Marcos - not a convincing performance ;-)

Early departure (0800) for San Marcos, a site approx 90kms south of IQQ. The idea: fly back to Iquique... 
Again a very interesting drive: first along the pacific ocean, than across the desert.
Todays pilots: Ralf, Georg, Martin and me. 


launch looking North
Georg and Ralf in front of launch
that's where it ended for me...
Even after trying for more than 45 minutes I was unable to climb high enough above the ridge (in the center of this pix). As I didn't know how the terrain looked behind the ridge (ie landing options) I didn't dare to continue (I never made it to the 700m Ralf had suggested.) Very prompt pick up by our driver Jerry - thanks!
Ralf, Georg and Martin all made it back to IQQ - congrats!
It's a pity that I haven't been able to profit from the really good conditions which develloped later in the day...

No comments: