On my way to Italy I stopped at Grono (Misox), where I met Davide who was going to show me this site: Parusciana.
We parked my car at the LZ in Grono (a shooting range), then drove a few kilometers to Lumino, from where a small gondola is departing for Parusciana - it has just enough space for 4 persons, the sack(s) with the gliders are hung outside of the gondola.
From the station it's about a 15 minutes hike to launch: but mostly flat or even a bit downhill - so no problem for me ;-)
Launch is facing S-SW and offers a nice view of Bellinzona
| Looking up to launch (under the wingtip) |
![]() |
| Castaneda/ Santa Maria (there is also a launch) |
![]() |
| LZ in Grono (but there is also a LZ at Lumino) |
As the conditions had been pretty stable and I had to drive another 4 hours in order to reach Molveno, where I'll be staying for the next 2 nights, I just flew for about 30 minutes. On my way to the highway I dropped Davide at Lumino, so he could retrieve his car.
I'll be back! - Parugiana is a good alternative site to Mornera for me, as there I have to carry my pack much longer and uphill...


No comments:
Post a Comment