Sunday, 20 September 2020

Vogel

I have been to the Bohinj region only once before (with Marco in autumn of 2012, after my accident. At that time I had left the paraglider at home...) But I liked the region very much and I always had wanted to come back and fly some of the local sites: Vogel, Vogar, Studor. They all share the same LZ by the lake. Vogel can be reached by cable car and chair lift. So in the morning Marco and I left early in order to reach the car train from Most na Soci to Bohinjska Bistrica.

It travels along the same valley as the (narrow and winding) road, but then crosses the mountain range by a 6.6km long tunnel. If you'd be driving across the mountain, then you'd pass the xc-site of Sorica...


The conditions for flying had been perfect. a little head wind for launching, nice thermals (up to about 1800m) and great views. I flew for 1.75hrs, but the flight could have been prolonged quite a bit ;-)

After the flight Marco and I had freshly roasted suckling pig; on the way back we then drove by Lago di Bled -famous for the chaple on the small island.

Lago di Bled

For dinner, some more meat at 'li da Gigiote' (- a vegetarian's / vegan's 'nightmare') in the company of Nicole, Marco, Lorenzo (another Swiss pilot).


Antipasto misto

2kg...



No comments: