What a day today :-)) Again I went to Fanas, unfortunately Andy couldn't join me :-(
I didn't realy have a plan: just fly. First Eastbound towards 'Fergenhütte': this is very often the first turnpoint for most pilots. Also today many pilots turned there and then flew back to Fanas and further West.
![]() |
| Pano looking East towards Klosters |
I decided to fly towards Davos.
![]() |
| Davos |
Here a bit of patience was needed to get high again, but once again above 3000m I decided to cross over towards Arosa and take advantage of the good conditiions and (maybe) land in Arosa.
![]() |
| Tijerflue (left), Medergen (right) |
| Piz Bernina, Piz Roseg |
![]() |
| Pano looking towards Chur/ Calanda |
For a moment I wanted to return towards Fanas and land in Schiers, but contrary to my experience for once only (big) sink at Langwies/ Seta! Therefore I had to turn around and landed in Arosa.
Actually this is the very first time I landed in Arosa without having launched from here!
Back to Schiers (where I had parked my car) by train (via Chur-Landquart).
The flight on ayvri.
Leeloo: no problems at all. Only with the risers I'm not completely happy: B-C-steering is only 'available' when flying accelerated (and then it's hard to reach with my left hand). On the Ikuma2 I used B-C-steering quite often when turning in weak thermals, as this was very efficient. And as mentioned earlier, the brake handles are attached to the risers only by a magnet and therefore tend to drop off easily (especially during preparations for TO)... But these are still my only 'complaints' so far.




No comments:
Post a Comment