Again to Fanas, with many other pilots who had the same idea ;-) But that's the problem this time of the year: most (if not all) gondolas, cable cars etc are now closed for maintenance and will reopen only around mid-June. Therefore pilots go wherever there is still a gondola running or where the site can be reached by bus/ car.
Unfortunately today I was less motivated and still a bit tired from yesterday's flight.
![]() |
| Pano looking East towards Stels/ Chrüz |
In Stels I couldn't find any lift in the 'usual' places and when I finally did find something it has been a strong lee thermal due to the prevailing westerly wind. So I decided to call it a day and landed after about an hour.
![]() |
| Pano looking West: Schiers, Vilan, Sassauna (left to right) |
![]() |
| Profly Leeloo |
PPS: Reading some comments by pilots to their flights from Fanas today it seems that I'm not the only one who was not 'happy' about the wind...



No comments:
Post a Comment