Friday, 13 May 2022

Fanas (Wednesday)

Just a short flight in Fanas. The (S/ SW-) wind has not been too strong, but could be clearly felt and hindered progress.

Restaurant 'Sassauna': excellent rhubarb tarte

overhead Saas - looking West (towards Küblis)

Today I have not been in the mood to search for thermals close to the terrain / the ridges, so my flight ended (too quickly) in Saas :-(
I had to choose a flight line, which always kept me within reach of a landing close to a road/ public transport, as my left leg/ knee wouldn't permit a longer (downhill) walk; unfortunately this excluded a line closer to more 'potential' thermal sources ;-)

But looking at the flights for that day on XContest, nobody really has made it very far (due to wind, as some have remarked)...

For the same reason I gave up my 'slot' on the gondola in Fanas for Sunday, as I have been told to 'go easy' for a while; doing so, my left leg would probably get better sooner.
And then I'll be in Italy again for 3 weeks - together with Ruth (and without my paraglider).













No comments: