As mentioned earlier; Ive spent the last two weeks on SPC and ACE without flying.
Here on TFS the 'paragliding part' of my trip to the Canary Islands started. On the first 2 days (Mon, Tue) I have only been able to make 2 (short) flights from Taucho, as on both days a shower zone to the south (los Christianos) made judging the wx situation for me difficult. Afterwards it turned out, that the showers 'remained' there and the a landing due to the wx would not have been necessary. But how would I know if there are some drops of rain at launch and in the air? ( > 'better safe than sorry'...)
Otherwise conditions have been rather nice and smooth :-))
| Showers... (looking South towards Los Christianos) |
| Taucho launch |
Wed: a completely different situation with a fcst of light (?) winds and thermal tops around 2000m. The visibilty has been exceptional: la Gomera could be seen very clearly and even el Hierro could be glimpsed in the distance - something I've never been able to do in all my visits since I came here for the first time in 1997.
| La Gomera - El Hierro would be at 11o'clock |
![]() |
| looking towards Pico del Teide (3715m) |
I made 2 flights, as on the first flight I didn't really 'make it', landing near our apartment (Sunset Villas). I would have said, that I launched too early...
...but on the other hand, PierAndrea Patrucco, which had launched at the same time (!) flew with his tandem a 62km flat triangle in 3:45... The second flight then turned out to be very nice with a max altitude of almost 1900m by Ifonche :-) Condition at times have been pretty strong... This time I landed near Playa Enramada...
| La Gomera (behind the palm tree on the right) |

No comments:
Post a Comment