Sun (19.2.) transfer from Tenerife to Lanzarote (TFN-ACE), where Andy and his friend Tom have been ready to pick me up. We drove straight away to ‘Mala’ for a first, later in the afternoon to ‘Macher’ for a second flight
At Mala I had to hike up to the upper launch, as the wind seemed to be a bit weak to me, Andy instead launched from the lower TO and managed to soar up :-))
Macher: nice conditions for ridge soaring with some thermals thrown in...
Excellent (!!) dinner at the Italian restaurant Casa Morelino - we plan to go there at least 2 or 3 more times.
| our Villa at 'la Islote' |
| 'Mala' -upper launches |
| Macher |
Mon: very strange weather situation: the wind seemed to be coming from every direction possible. We‘ve tried Orzola, where Andy could make a short sledder (wind too weak),
| Andy hiking up at Orzola |
then we checked out Mala (wind too strong).
| Mala |
Later in the afternoon we drove to Famara (without Tom, who went running). Here the wind seemed to be ok, so Andy launched quickly.
| Famara (Andy on the left) |
Unfortunaltely, I’ve been levered out during Gndhandling/ reverse inflation and while being pulled across the ground, the rt shoulder 'collided' with a rock :-(((((
Immediately 2 pilots came to help, secured the glider
and took it to the car, as well as 'freeing' me from my harness.
Andy first took me back to our villa where Tom (a paramedic
by profession!) helped me out of overall etc; then we drove to ACE to Hospital
General for an X-ray.>>>.
>>> NO fracture, only a severe bruise! :-))))
Heartfelt thanks to all (also to my guardina angel) who have helped/ assisted and even 'cancelled' or have cut short their flights!
We got back to the villa around 2100: I took some Tramal (a pain killer) and Arnica C200 (a homeopathic medication against bruises); later 1x Zoldorm (a sleeping pill). So I had a pretty good/ pain-free sleep until 0430, then dozing until 0730.
Almost no pain when lying down/ standing; only when changing
position like standing up/ sitting down…
Now I’m ‘grounded’ until my return flight on Sunday
(26.2.) while my friends Andy and Tom (hopefully!) can continue to make some more nice flights.
Bruises should normally heal within 3 to 4 weeks, so I
don’t think I will have to cancel my departure on 10.4. ;-)
(Tue / Thur/ Sat: going again to Casa Morelino for dinner.)
No comments:
Post a Comment