Another 'masterpiece' by Yukkiko: breakfast: almost everything home made and bio...
Contrary to any fcst I had seen 2 days ago it looked flyable :-) So back to LZ and by shuttle bus to launch, as the gondola presently is stopped for maintenance. But the infrastructure looks rather run-down to me...
Some thing that very rarely happens: I launched first ;-) I also launched from a position nobody else launched from in these conditions: crosswind (almost 75° from the right). But my reasoning went as follows: where would I lay-out and launch from if I came to this place on my own? - without being influence by anybody else. Joshito, the local flight instructor agreed with to desicion... After waiting a while to have at least a little less crosswind I had a clean (reverse) launch and immediately found a nice thermal :-))
![]() |
| my chosen launch position with the x-wind from the right (left side in the picture): at 5 o'clock from the brown platform and to the left of the 2 white gondola pillars, so I had the whole slope in front of me; all other pilots launched from the left side of the platform, having the cables of a chairlift on their right side... |
Something that very rarely happens: I launched first ;-) I also launched from a position nobody else launched from in these conditions: crosswind (almost 75° from the right). But my reasoning went as follows: where would I lay-out and launch from if I came on my one to this place (without being influenced by anybody else). Joshito, the local flight instructor, agreed with my desicion... After waiting a while to have at least a little less crosswind I had a clean (reverse) launch and immediately found a nice thermal :-)) Flying for a bit over an hour. Joshito had announced a window of about 2 hours before the wind (again) would be too strong; later it was going to rain anyway...



No comments:
Post a Comment