Luckily Rick wanted us to be at the LZ of Kagami (N of Nobeoka) already at 0900, even if that meant that we had to depart Kumamoto already at 0615 because when we got to launch, the wind had already considerably picked up.Today I (finally) managed a decent reverse launch ;-) But in the air wind speed has been thus, that for a while doubted if I would be able to reach the LZ by the seaside and I stayed near launch. This gave me the option to topland if it should become necessary. After Leanne had also launched I used her as my dummy and followed her. Rick had long ago 'vanished'. But Leanne and I made it safely out the the LZ. The second half of the flight -when I finally had some decent landing options- had been much less stressful.
 |
| once more a nicely prepared launch (with a great view) |
 |
| looking back to launch (on high point on the left) |
 |
| LZ on the right side of the beach (pix by Leanne) |
 |
| above LZ |
Rick had a very scenic 43+km flight, flying all the way to Kamae and beyond. We followed him there by car. This is also a flying site, but the wind had become too strong for me...
 |
| Kamae launch; there is another, a bit higher TO, reached in less than 10' |
 |
| Kamae looking North |
Already during the drive from Kumamoto Rick told me that tomorrow Hiraodai would be an option. But this site is managed by a JPA (Japan paragliding association) club and that they are known to be pretty 'sticking to rules'. If I wanted to fly there tomorrow, I should already start today submitting the necessary paperwork - among them proof, that the rescue has been repacked within the last 150 days... Knowing from my last visit here in 2019 that such documents might be required at certain sites, I had Peter Enz repack my reserve(s) in March and fill-out a corresponding form. After Yuko had taken me back to my accommodation I submitted by mail everything they asked for.
 |
| application for 'visitor-flight' |
Shortly afterwards we got a thumbs-up and that we would be welcomed tomorrow by 0920; meaning that we'll have to leave again at 0630.
No comments:
Post a Comment