Friday, 8 March 2024

Arosa :-((

The last two days (Thur/ Fri) I had spent in Arosa: I had wanted to make some flights with my new harness: Sup'Air Evo Lite. I had bought this harness already before leaving for Colombia, but had taken along the old one for that trip.

For Thursday the fcst had looked rather promising with not too much wind; but as it turned out, the actual wind had been much too strong/ gusty as well as completely out of the West - a combination in which only a few pilots launched, while the rest -after a few tries- returned to Arosa by cable car (me among them). 

Friday: there has been Föhn in the fcst, but supposed to get stronger only after noon. I arrived on top of the Weisshorn at 1000.

nice sunrise, no clouds (yet)

Although the wind speed would have been low enough to permit a safe launch, I didn't like the clouds, nor the wind readings on Weissfluhjoch / Parpaner Rothorn (South with gusts to 30kmh), so another ride down by cable car...

No comments: