Wednesday, 27 March 2024

Italy - iCamp: Mon / Tue: Levico / Rodeneck

Mon: Levico: excellent flying wx: blue skies, good thermals, wind not too strong (at least until noon).

I had a good launch and also quickly found a thermal which had brought me about 900m over launch. I then headed towards the antennas at Panarotta. Here I had to search for a while. During that time I heard a radio call from PeterNi, which I took was meant for me, saying, that I was too far North and that I needed to head South towards the the edge of the mountain. I did this, but I couldn't find anything but sink (up to -6 m/s). So after a little more than half an hour I was back on 'terra firma' :-( Later it turned out that this call wasn't meant for me... Unfortunately in the afternoon the wind then remained too strong to permit another launch.

Full moon (around 0100)
Lauch at Vetriolo (Levico Therme)
Pano looking SW-W; Lago di Levico / Lago di Caldonazzo (bigger)

Di: Rodeneck (1.5hrs drive from Levico). Upon arrival at launch, I found that my equipment, which I had put down behind the Sprinter (our transport car), had not been loaded :-(  So no flying today... Not that I hadn't missed too much: more or less extended sledders, but it was an opportunity lost for training TOs and LDGs...


coming back to our hotel

I know that I alone am responsible for my gear, but I still cannot understand that that the person who closed the rear door of the car didn't see that there still was as pack standing, nor that the driver didn't see it in his rear mirror. (2 days 'lost' and unfortunately the fcst for the coming days is not promising at all...)

No comments: