Thursday, 12 June 2025

UK -1 Travel

I have left home on Thr, 5.6., driving to  Ardres (near Calais in 10hours) with just 2 stopps. I had hoped that on Friday some flying along the Normandie coast would have been possible, but the wind never dropped below 40kmh. So the day was spent sightseeing, as this whole coastline here 'oozes' history; not only WWI and WWII, but going back much longer in time.

Fort Vauban at Ambleuse (constructed in 1680)
'Batterie Todt', the gun could fire 380mm shells up to 30km
Cap Blanc-Nez

Sat (7.6.) after having crossed the Channel from Calais to Dover (1.5hrs) I visited 'Rye', a very nicely preserved town near the coast.

Rye

Sun (8.6.) Having spent the night on the coast at Worthing, I visited Arundel and its Castle and Garden; later the 'Chapel' at Lancing College. Both are absolutely breathtaking!  (> more pix on my Flickr page; link on the right side)

Arundel
Arundel Castle
Arundel

Lancing College and Chapel


No comments: