Tuesday, 19 July 2011

finally - underway...

Finally! Waking up at 0400, getting to the airport (ZRH) shortly before 0600 for checking-in my 3 bags; departure with BA to LHR; arrival on-time. Almost 4 hours to ‚kill‘ before departure with BA to ORD, arrival on-time. The food and service on the flight has been excellent, as was to be expected in FCl.


LHR-ORD


Very speedy clearing of immigration and customs (less than 30 mins). Transfer from Terminal 5 to Terminal 2 (United). While going through security there and being screened/ x-rayed, I saw Fabio (a good friend of mine and a LH captain) pass outside. I called on him and we had just enough time for a short chat before he was due to depart for DUS. While awaiting my flight to SLC in the lounge, a departure delay of almost 2 (!) hours was announced, but fortunately in the end we arrived in SLC only about 10mins late


CB somewhere over the Mid-west


SLC

– for which I was rather grateful, as by now I had been on the road for more than 24 hrs. All 3 bags arrived within 20mins. Now there was only the car pick-up and drive to Lehi for a (short) nights rest at the Days Inn left… At least that’s what I had hoped for, but 7 mins out of the airport I had a flat tire ...



:-((

So total travel time in the end (bed to bed): 27hrs. In the morning, Stacy will pick me up for flying at the Point of the Mountain‘ (PotM) and having the tire fixed.



No comments: