Stacy and I (with 'normal' gliders) drove to the LZ and hiked about halfway up the hill from where we could safely launch.
Jochen

Stacy
looking South: Utah lake; on right side: Lake Mtn
Nice flying and it's certainly the best way to beat jetlag...
Later we took care of the flat tire and then we drove to West Mountain, on the South shores of Utah lake.

Taggi

Jochen

looking North: Utah lake
The Easterly wind permitted a relatively easy TO in the otherwise rather demanding terrain.
But it proved treacherous, as out in front of the mountain in the mean time the wind situation had changed: now coming from the South, > 30kmh and increasing. So Jochen and I landed after a short flight safely, while Stacy drove the car back down.
For dinner I was invited by Karl and his family in SLC: many thanks to you!

heading to my hotel in Lehi after dinner at Karl's place
No comments:
Post a Comment