Saturday, 23 July 2011

Utah -Day 4 -Cove

At 1900 we were supposed to leave for 'Cove' for an evening soarimg flight; but, as was almost to be expectet, we didn't leave before 1925...
I parked my car at the LZ, in order to have some flexibility after flying.
We finally arrived at launch at 2015 an I got off at 2045. The winds were a little cross, but nothing too bad.


Cove -West launch


The sun was already setting, but still it was great soaring in to the dusk; I was able to get about 200m over; landing after 39 minutes.





After I had laid down my glider, I've heard that there has been an accident: apparently a girl crashed halfway up the mountain.
As the rescue was already been organised and I couldn't be of any help, I left for the hotel in order to be out of the way.
At the time of writing this blog entry, I don't have any more informtion - I just hope it's nothing too serious.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey good morning Taggi,
Hope you enjoying yourself over there in the Land of the free...
Beautiful pictures, nice flights but it seams not too long ones..
I wish you all the best, safe flights and maybe a nice Strecki here or there...

Greetings, Andy