As happens very often in 'Arosa' (at least to me) I had quite some problems launching from the the to of the 'Weisshorn', but finally I got airboren from a lower TO.
I arrived at the 'Schafrügg' rather low, but after I found the first thermal, it became rather easy going.

above 'Schafrügg', looking N towards 'Arosa; 'Weisshorn' slightly left of center
The flight then took me South above the 'Albula'-valley towards 'Bergün' and the 'Albula'-pass.

Albulatal -Bergün -Bernina (background)
Here cloudbase was above 4000m and a couple of times I had to make 'big ears' in order to remain below 3950m (the legal ceiling here in Graubünden).
Originally I wanted to cross via 'St.Moritz' towards 'Corvatsch'and 'Bernina', but the ceiling was almost overcast.

Bernina
So I turned East to follow the 'Engadin'-valley and finally landed in 'Zernez'.
2h40m for almost 54km - exactly the it took me to get back to Arosa by train' ;-)

Zernez, looking East towards St.Moritz
No comments:
Post a Comment