Postscript to yesterdays post:
Martin Bühler (LI) flew 321km (OLC); his flight can be found here. Congratulations!!!
He and Frederico (retrieve driver) slept overnight in 'Independencia' and returned only during this afternoon.
Today (as forecasted by XCSkies) cloudbase was a little higher, thermals a little stronger and the wind from due East. Again we have been on launch (too) early so we had to wait a while for the winds to become less strong. I launched shortly before 1200 and it took me (as usual) alomost an hour before I reached cloudbase. From then on it was not too difficult to fly farther than yesterday.
I landed in 'Rodolfo Fernandez', not because I had to, but because the paved road ended there.
So it was an easy 15 minute ride with the mototaxi to Itaù, where our bus already waited for me...
Spectators on launch
No comments:
Post a Comment