Friday, 11 November 2011

Quixada - Day 11

'Paolo' - launch director


...what great looking cloud streets...


Another interesting day: everybody was at launch by 0700; by 0830 six pilots had taken off, the rest didn't want to go soaring for 2 hours before cloud base would be high enough to permit a safe XC start. But as (bad) luck would have it: the windspeed steadily increased and no more good launch windows were available until after 1500...

Until then 4 of the six had sunken out but those two (Steff and Burki) kept going and landed finally beyond 270km . With this flight I think Burki broke the German open distance record - congratulations!

I took off at 1530 for an hour long flight just back to the hotel: I had only wanted to make sure that there would'nt be a problem with my (left) eye again.


looking back to launch/ Quixada

No comments: