Saturday, 5 November 2011

Quixada - Day 5

Today I skipped the first transport at 0620 and only got to launch at 1030, when everybody else had departed (and some had already landed). They had departed with cloudbase at 1000m. Last year we only departed after base had risen to at least 1200m... I took off at 1130, but everything was cloudcovered so I soared for 90min, not being able to climb above 1000m. Then the sun had finally burned away the clouds and fling got better. But by now I didn't want to go XC anymore so I landed below our hotel.





Results:
Burki and Martin: > 198km (straight line from TO/ OLC > 200km)



The big surprise came after landing, when I realized, that the vision in my left eye was practically zero! ?Hannes' looked at it and saw some blood inside, maybe from a ruptured bloodvessel? As I couldn't make sense of this, I decided to go to Quixada, hoping to find there an ophtalmologist. 'Paolo' and 'French' came along to help translate. We actually managed to find such a doctor in Quixada, which was the first surprise, the second was how clean and modern the doctors's office was. After only having waited 20 minutes, the doctor thouroughly examined my eyes, prescribed me some drugs, lots of rest and no flying :-(( and a visit at a special eye clinic in Fortaleza coming Tuesday. I can see that resting brings back my vision almost completely, but as sonn as I start to move it detoriates quickly...


1 comment:

Daniel said...

All the best for your eye!