Wednesday, 21 October 2015

Abdalajis -7: la Capilla

Finally, after 4 days without flying, another (very) good day.
Well, already yesterday a flight would most probably have been possible on Levante, but as the wind has been rather week I was not sure if I could topland (to get my car down), so in the end I declined.
Today started cloudless and by noon nothing but some nice CB's.
So at 1500 Gary and I drove to 'la Capilla', where already the first gliders were flying.

looking back to 'la Capilla' (launch just slightly to right of center)

Launching here was 'special' as usual: where you stand, there is almost no wind (foreward launch), but as soon as the glider is in the air (10m above you) the wind speed there is 15- 20kmh stronger... You actually want to foreward launch, because when the wind is strong enough to reverse launch, 10m above you it can be too strong to handle (at least for me).
Pano looking NE (la Capilla launch on right side)
...locals...
freshly ploughed field

As usual, the air has been very smooth and flying would have been possible until sunset, but I landed after 2+hrs.
People getting ready on 'Poniente'-launch

Embalses del Guadalhorce

1 comment:

andy said...

super, sehr schöne photos und guter bericht. danke
i love this place