Tuesday, 13 October 2015

Abdalajis -1: Arrival / -2: Cenes de la Vega

Yesterday (Monday) I flew into AGP (Malaga); as can be seen from the picture I took during approach to AGP in the region of Abdalajis, the clouds hung very low over the Sierra...


approaching AGP from NW (near Abdalajis)

... so no flight was possible. There was even some drizzle at times :-((
But this at least produced a nice rainbow.


Rainbow in Abdalajis

Today (Tuesday) initially Gary and I wanted to go to Algodonales, but in Antequera, when we turned towards Campillos, we saw that the clouds were already low in the west. Towards the east/ Granada it looked much better. So we did a 180 and headed for Cenes de la Vega, where I've flown the last for time in 2008.


Pano looking towards Cenes/ Granada
Pano on TO (looking SE):enough space to easily top land
LZ at Cenes
LZ
I was able to make a (short) flight, as the conditions have been rather switchy and weak, but some pilots could stay up.
Later while driving back, when passing Loja, it started to rain/ drizzle all the way to Abdalajis.

>> to all pilots intending to fly here: kindly study the info board at the LZ and observe the local rules: otherwise this site is in danger of being closed!!

airspace regulations: to be found on info board at LZ



2 comments:

andy said...

servus stoff-flieger,
in welcher unterkunft bist du in abdalajis? kennst du mari-carmen?
happy landing
andy

fhfs said...

Hi Andy,

in Abdalajis bin ich immer privat bei Freunden untergebracht; ich habe glücklicherweise meherere Optionen.
Mari-Carmen kenne ich persönlich nicht; sie führt aber anscheinend das Hotel 'el Alamut'; darüber habe ich aber nicht viel Gutes gehört (Achtung: hear-say!)

Fly high! Fly safe!
Stoff Flieger