Much more 'regular' conditions than yesterday! Still a little NE-wind, but it was never strong enough to became a major factor in my flying. Base at > 3700m; climbs with > 6m/s; excellent visibility...
What else could one wish for?
 |
| looking East. Left: Oberaarsee; above my boot/ on horizon: Rhone glacier, Dammastock, Sidelhorn, Grimselpass (cannot be seen), Galenstock, then Furkapass; right: Obergoms: Oberwald/ Ulrichen. |
 |
| left: Fiescherglacier/ Oberaarhorn |
 |
| Bellwald |
 |
| at one time the eagle was just about 5m away, but then the camera hasn't been ready yet |
 |
| (left to right) Dom (4545m)(?), Matterhorn (4478m) (le Cervin/ Cervino), Weisshorn (4505m) |
 |
| crossing towards Belalp: Bietschorn (3934m), Breithorn (3785m), Oberaletschglacier, Schinhorn (3797m) (left to right) |
|
In Belalp I had to dig myself out of the situation I had gotten into. I had lost much more hight during the crossing from Riederalp than I had hoped/ anticipated: 15mins of scratching (at the foot of Hohstock) close to the ground before I finally found lift...
 |
| Aletschorn (4193m) , Aletschglacier, Grosses Wannenhorn (3906m -'behind' glacier), Eggishorn (far right, where the shadow is) |
Hoping for more of the same tomorrow ;-)
No comments:
Post a Comment