Monday, 4 July 2016

US'16 0703 -Goodsprings (NV)

Without Andy, but with all the info from Pierre we could get about this site (- he had flown here before), we left Jean at 0830 in a cloudless sky. A good dirt road took us past the 'official' LZ (where we left some streamers) to launch.

...there seems to be also a (ATV-) track to the top of the mountain on the right...
We found two good launches facing west with a large flag; parking right at the lower launch.

Pano on launch, looking SE towards Jean/ Goodspings (center of pix); right: Primm dry lake
At 1000 I was read to launch in the nice westerly wind and to soar the hill for a while. Then I headed out along the ridge towards the LZ, but didn't find anything really 'worthwhile'.




LZ (along the road to TO)
When Stacy came down with the car, we discussed for a moment if we should get up for a second flight. But Pierre had advised us, that in summer after 1100 the conditions could get really strong, so I packed up after this last flight on this trip.

No comments: