Wednesday, 14 September 2016

IT, SI-10: Rook2, Lijac, Brestovica

...well, as some of you already guessed: I couldn't resist the really generous offer I got from Nicole for buying the Rook2. In the morning I had driven to Adjovscina to get the glider in the colors I wanted. 

Lijac LZ; Rook2 - 'just out of the box'
777 Rook2
I had a really good launch and conditions have been strong, but due to the increased instability not as nice as yesterday on Mangart. I have to admit here that I misjuged the wx situation a bit: I should have landed at least 15 minutes before I actually did: when I was approaching the LZ thunder could be heard and the first few drops of rain started falling; I didn't even try to pack up the glider, but just stowed it in my car...

that's just how it looked a fe minutes later...
We had actually already decided to call it a day, when Nicole got a call from some pilots telling her that they had moved to Brestovica (near Monfalcone) and that it looked flyable there. So we decided to give it a try...
Brestovica -launch
launch
Nice soaring for about half an hour, then it suddenly turned off... But a nice site with a good view of the Adriatic Sea and Monfalcone,


Sela na Krasu &the village near launch)
my launch (Pano by Alberto)
According to Nicole's reading of the wx fcst, that was probably the last good flying day of this trip to IT and SI... Many thanks to her and Alberto for taking me around and showing me these new sites!!

No comments: