Friday, 9 September 2016

IT, SI -4: Canazei

Today I woke up to blue skies and headed up to Col Rodella with dozens of other, equally eager pilots ;-)
Actually I headed up twice, as I realized upon arrival on launch, that I had left my cockpit and glasses in the car...
As usual, some guys launched early and got up high quickly, so many followed their 'example'. One could clearly see that the thermals very (very) strong. But for almost 2 hours I didn't like the conditions: wind from the East and strong thermal activity. Finally by 1315 conditions had mellowed out and I launched as well.
The waiting was well worth the time, and the day turned out to be a great day here in the Dolomites: cloud base above 3500m with abundant lift, strong, but not (too) rough :-))

Col Rodella
lh: Langkofe; looking North towards Val Gardena
Marmolada (3343m)

lh: Langkofel; center-rt: Gruppo Sella, Piz Boé (3152m). I don't know the name of the peak in the foreground.
Langkofel; Col Rodella (center of pix - the 'rock' in the sun)


1 comment:

Oli said...

Mega Bilder!