Saturday, 17 December 2016

Almunecar -1: Flight

After a nice flight above the stratus covering the Swiss Plateau I landed in Malaga (AGP). The captain of the flight was Steeve Röösli. We had flown a couple of times together when I had been the captain and he the copilot ;-) He actually moved to Fehraltorf a short while ago...

over Berne; looking south towards Interlaken. The 'island' in the stratus: 'Belpberg'
Malaga (left downwind for rwy 32)
Special painted A320 by Brussels Airlines (ex SABENA)
Today (Saturday) I got up to a cloudy sky. At 1000 I went to a nearby cafeteria, where every morning most pilots are meeting. I got in contact with some German pilots and in the end 3 of them took me along to 'Carchuna' where they (Uli, Jürgen, Friedrich) tought we might have a chance of flying...
LZ: beach at Carchuna; TO is on the ridge behind
But the wind was very unsteady (suddenly increasing) and also intermittent rain. After having shown me the way to launch we returned to Almunecar and decided to call it a day.

No comments: