Sunday, 18 December 2016

Almunecar-2: WInd, Rain

Today's wx in the morning and also the forecast have been rather disapointing: rain and northerly winds for most of the day :-((
So I decided to drive to Abdalajis in order to visit some old friends: I was lucky as Geri was just at his guest house doing some cleaning - otherwise I probably wouldn't have found him. 
I also asked Geri about the flying situation in VdA: interestingly he didn't have much information, BUT he said that lately lots of pilots have been flying here and that Michele (a French PG guide) had many guests here as well; furthermore that the local 'Guardia Civil' didn't go after PG pilots at all (as I had been told and have read)...
Afterwards I stopped at Giacco's place. He invited me for lunch and we had a nice meal together. Incredibly how fit he still is approaching 90! He also confirmed that many pilots had been flying. 
Rolfito unfortunatley has been busy.
On my way back to Almunecar I decided to drive via Loja. As there the winds came out of the East (!) here, I took the chance to go looking for the easterly take-off. With a little lucky I found the road to launch - and what a beautifully prepared/ groomed launch it is! (At least as well made as their westerly launch on the other side of the Sierra de Loja; the local club must have put up quite some money and time in order to get such a great result.).


Loja levante (looking east towards Granada/ Sierra Nevada)
But the wind was just too strong...
So I drove back to Almunecar via Granada and Padul, arriving there just at sunset.



But the whole day the weather has been very strange: the winds coming from every possible direction: South at Malaga/ Abdalajis; East at Loja; West/ Northwest at Padul. And instead of raining it cleared up the longer the day wore on...

No comments: