Yesterday, as the wx has not been very promising, we did some sightseeing and I showed Hartmut different launches and landings. Only in the late afternoon it looked as we could fly from 'Torre del Time'. But the wind was either very light or completely cross, so after one failed attempt I packed up; Bernd finally was able to get off.
Luckily, this morning looked rather better.
The forecast promised little wind with cloud base around 1500m. So we drove 'my' Fiat Panda 4x4 to Campanarios.
 |
| Bernd (Swing Nyos) |
 |
| Campanarios (upper launch) |
 |
| Hartmut (Wings of change) getting ready |
Very nice thermals took me to almost 1700m; with more patience probably 2000m would have been possible.
Later Bernd flew again from el Time, but the conditions have been very weak and I'm happy that I decided not to go there after this morning's nice flight.
No comments:
Post a Comment