Monday, 22 January 2018

First days: Cali, Piedechinche

First of all: at our present finca, the internet connection is EXTREMELY slow, so blogging and especially posting pictures will be kept to a minimum  - sorry about that!

Saturday morning I went on a little cuty tour of Cali: in short words: I can see no real reason, why anyone should visit Cali! There is almost nothing to see, no old city center, only very few 'special' buidings...

Cali: la Ermita

In the afternoon our group met at the airport and we were driven to our finca, where we'll stay about 4 nights. My first impression: it looks like a 'good' group; there is even a pilot I know from 'my former life' ;-) 
Dinner together at a local restaurant...



Yesterday (Sunday): after a briefing in the morning everybody was 'equipped' with local SIM-cards. but it took quite a while until all of us had a 'working' phone...

Tine (Siegl) helping us through the spanish set up menus
While strolling through the street to buy some water, I encountered Nancy and Carlos, whom I've met on a trip to Marocco a few years ago; they are doing also a 2 weeks trip of Colombia, so most probably we'll 'bump' into each other again.

Then it was up to the mountain: being Sunday, lots of pilots and also tandem pilots flocked to launch. Unfortunately it was rather cloudy and not many managed to get above launch or even away; I was not among them...

main launch

No comments: