| Hostal 'La Vid' in La Union - we stayed for 4 nights |
Yesterday evening (Friday) our guides (Verena & Tini Siegl and Pedro) prepared dinner for us: really excellent 'Spaghetti Bolognese'; compliments!
| Roldanillo (lookig East) |
More flying off 'Los Tanques'-launch. Lots of pilots and switchy wind conditions made launching today a bit cumbersome. Contrary to the other days here we had a north wind, so flying close to the ridges would put you in the lee: a pilot of another group apparently just did this and in the end he had to throw his reserve...
I was progressing rather slowly and behind Rodanillo it took me quite long to reach cloudbase; then I tried to follow the others of our group, which already had crossed the river Cauca, passed Zarzal and continued south towards Tulua. I also made it across the river, but couldn't find a decent thermal which would allow me to fly beyond Zarzal...
Retrive worked perfectly: just as I had packed up, our bus arrived. I was dropped off in Zarzal, as they continued south to pick up more pilots. Back to the hotel via hitch hiking and Taxi.
Let's hope that tomorrow, when we continue to Ansermanuevo (to the north), I'll be able to make a (more) decent flight ;-)
No comments:
Post a Comment