Thursday, 25 January 2018

moving on...

Yesterday was our last day in Piedechinche. As we're moving to Roldanillo for the next few nights, the 'goal' was to fly north as far as possible.

Butterfly
In the beginning I was not very keen on going XC, as (for the 'usual' problems) I have to land close to a possible pick-up location. And in some paces in the Valle the Cauca, these can be hard to find ;-((
In the end day turned out much better than anticipated (and than the privious days), so I also tried to move (slowly) north; right in the beginning I feared for a moment that I would have to land without having found a single thermal. But after 'digging' myself out 3 times I made it to Buga (about 35kms from launch).


looking North (at beginning of flight)
landing just south of Buga (LZ at 12 o'clock)
After everyone had been picked up, we drove to Roldanillo, where we had dinner together, then we continued to our hotel in 'La Union', about 1okms north of Roldanillo.






No comments: