Monday, 7 May 2018

Fanas


Fanas with Andy: we have been expecting lots of clouds today, BUT not that early (shortly after 1100). For quite a while everything was shadowed in and so we had to wait...
Finally, as the hill below launch caught some sun again and thermals develloped we could launch: Andy was first and I followed immediately behind. He decided to turn right (where you'd normally go only later in the afternoon), but it proved to be the correct desicion, as there the shadows had dissappeared earlier.


Andy
me (by Andy (GoPro))
looking down to 'Hörnli' and the other launch(es)

Andy tried to fly west (towards 'Walensee') as to the east (Klosters) everything was in the shade, but once out in the Rhine valley, the influence of the east wind ('Bise') was still too strong so he had to land near 'Landquart'. I on the other hand cruised around only locally and landed after a little more than 1 hour near my car in 'Schiers' :-))


Sassauna
Tomorrow I'll try again here, although the forecast is very similar to today; we'll see...

No comments: