In the evening I had talked with Marco about today's flying: he recommended I should go to Ljiak.
But on my way to Ljiak I passed Tolmin and saw a few pilots soaring (at 1000), so I changed my mind and got a ride up to Kobala. On the shuttle I met some pilots who often fly in Arosa from the Weisshorn (Susanne, Werner, ...) On launch the wind was switching from East to West and back, also the sky was cloud covered. Furthermore many more pilots arrived, waiting for the conditions to improve...
![]() |
| Tolmin/ Kobala: pano looking west towards Kobarid/ Stol; Krn on the rh side |
So in the end I decided to stick to the 'original' plan, caught a ride back down and drove to Ljiak. I got a shuttle to launch and was ready for take-off by 1400.
| Lijak: launch |
| excellent visibility: Vemice in the distance |
It took me close to 45 minutes to get up high above launch, but then I covered a little bit more than 50km in 2hrs15mins landing at Pizzeria Anja after exactly 3hrs :-))
As the next bus back was leaving only in over 1 hour, I ordered a taxi which took me back to Smihel (the landing for Lijac).
| Turning point in the East |

No comments:
Post a Comment