Sunday, 10 June 2018

wrong decision(s)

More than a month without being airborne   :-(
I have spent 3 weeks together with Ruth in Ireland, without my paraglider, but of course still looking for possibe flying sites ;-)   (some pix can be found here.)

Today I decided to go (once more) to Fanas.

Fanas -Eggli

But as it turned out this has not been the best decision:
1) strategically: the valley wind set in rather early and 'blew away' the thermals, so to select another flying site would have probably been wiser;
2) tactically: due to this situation, I most probably should have been turning right after launch I (instead of left as everyone normally does) and gone looking for thermals in the 'bowl' SW of 'Eggli'... (as I did with Andy in May.)
So with only 2 (!) full circles I was back on 'terra firma' in Schiers :-((

No comments: