Tuesday, 18 September 2018

Dinosaur

Dinosaur -launch

Finally! After all these days with too much wind, things seem to return to 'normal'. Stacy predicted a window from 1030-1130 for flying at Dinosaur, so we left the motel at Vernal at 0830 as it is a 102km drive to launch... And it was very good looking upon arrival: light winds coming in straight, so I left no time getting ready and launched by 1023...


I quickly found some lift and could look back at launch...


Corral LZ

But it turned out that I had launched rather too early/ quickly as the lift was not yet sustained; so after a short flight I had to land at Corall LZ. I radioed Hart to delay his TO for a while and wait for more sustained lift.

Hart

We returned to launch again (42km from LZ  to launch), but the wind speed had increased beyond my capability, further more it had become gusty too. So more sightseeing...

No comments: