Friday, 28 September 2018

Red Rocks Fall Fly In -5: Mt.Edna - a 'private' trip

Today we made a 'private' trip up to Mt.Edna, Utah's highest drive upsite (11,730ft/3358m).
The reason we had to make it 'private' (meaning outside the Red Rocks Fly-in) was, that the logistics of getting so many pilots up this mountain is simply to big to handle. But I could Stacy convince to 'surrender' the key to the gate, which blocks the last part of the road to launch, to Mike -thanks Stacy!
So we left at 0800 for the almost 2 hours long drive: Mike & Brina, Hart, Joe (who would drive the car down -thanks!) and I.


Pano looking N-NE
Cove (center of Pix), Monroe Peak (right)

Almost no wind on launch, so we set up quickly and launched: Hart, I, Brina and finally Mike -all landing at the 'official' LZ in Marysvale.
Luckily I found some thermals and could extend this great flight to almost an hour :-))



After this morning's 'adventure' Hart and I elected not to make an afternoon flight off Cove.

No comments: