| Arco (ID) |
After the sky had been almost overcast the whole day long, in the evening it started to clear up, which gave us hope that the next day might be better...
| road leading to launch via Beaverland Pass |
Again we drove 'around' the mountain, but this time not to Coyote launch, but to King Mtn (lower) launch, as this one was facing directly into the wind. After having waited for about 30 minutes, some thermal cycles started to come in, so we (Mike and I) prepared and launched. Hart had offered to drive the car back down, as yesterday's hike up to Natural Arch had been too much of a strain on his knee and he wanted it to heal as quickly as possible.
![]() |
| King Mountain (lower) launch -on the ridge above Hart is Coyote launch |
At first I feared I might have launched too early as I was getting below launch, but after some scratching I finally found some nice thermals which took me to 2900m. Here it could be clearyl felt that the wind was stronger (but still smooth).
| King Mountain (upper) launch with HG ramp:steep, 4x4 required! |
![]() |
| looking north towards launch |
| Mike landing at upper LZ |
Mike also landed after about 50 minutes flight time; just atthe right moment, as the winds started to pick up and become gusty :-)


No comments:
Post a Comment