Monday, 1 October 2018

Death Valley NP

As mentioned in my last post, I rose and departed early in order to be 'ready' for the sunrise at Zabrisky point, a well known landmark in the Death Valley NP. Whereas during my last visit here in 2008 I had been almost alone, today many more came to view the sunrise.

Zabrisky Point


 
Also the 'vastness' is absolutely stunning: I have driven close to 400km yesterday, whereof close to 300km in the NP- mostly straight ahead! 

you can see the road for about 20kms...
Ubehebe Crater
near Ubehebe Crater, looking North

 In order to get to the Eureka Sand Dunes, I had to take the Big Pine Road...

Big Pine Road
Eureka Sand Dunes


and finally approaching Owens Valley (Sierra Nevada)...


For the next week I'll be staying in Bishop, hoping to fly some of the great sites here; my guide will be (again) Kari Castle ;-))

No comments: